(Portland, Maine – May 21, 2015) Maine Startup & Create Week (MSCW) – a national conference and celebration of innovators, entrepreneurs and startups – has released its schedule of events and keynote speakers. Presented by Norton Insurance & Financial and Blackstone Accelerates Growth, MSCW will take place in Portland, Maine from June 22-28, 2015, with the aim of showcasing Maine’s vibrant, growing startup eco-system to the wider Maine community and attendees from around the country.
Beginning on Monday, June 22, MSCW will host three to four sessions each morning, that are focused on three tracks – Small Business, Food Innovation, Scale & Growth; while very afternoon there will be a featured keynote speaker:
MONDAY, June 22
Tuesday, June 23
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24
THURSDAY, JUNE 25
FRIDAY, JUNE 26
- Food Branding, Design and Marketing: How to tell your story while staying true to your brand and finding the right audience.
- Legacy Business Model Innovation: How entrepreneurs are financing and changing the growth of legacy businesses.
- The Abundance Cycle: Jay Friedlander discusses how he is helping sustainable companies reign supreme through an innovative and holistic framework.
- Food Incubator Models: A panel will discuss what food incubators are, citing some examples from around the country.
- When to Innovate: A discussion on when it makes sense for small companies to take on the risk and overhead to introduce product innovation.
- Build a Killer Team: A panel will discuss how industry leaders are recruiting and managing talent that they need to beat the competition.
- Scalable Restaurant Opportunities: How can you grow your restaurant to be a scalable business with retail, multiple locations and franchising?
- Building Culture: A discussion on the way people use space to enhance culture.
- East versus West: Why someone should start a business in Maine versus Silicon Valley or Boston.
- John Gosier: Keynote Speaker
SATURDAY, JUNE 27
For additional information with regard to Maine Startup & Create Week, or to sign up for particular workshop, visit http://www.mainestartupandcreateweek.com/.